Construction and demolition wastes in circularity and industrial symbiosis
FISSAC 2nd Hungarian Living Lab Forum
Date: 20 June 2019
Time: 9.00 –12.00
Venue: Szemléletformáló és Újrahasználati Központ, Budapest XV., Károlyi Sándor u. 166., Hungary
- Why is it important for companies to get prepared for circular economy?
- What are the current barriers to transition towards circular economy in Hungary?
- How industrial symbiosis can assist actors and stakeholders?
- What are the advantages of participating at the FISSAC series of LL events? (more…)
On 11th December 2018 the Second Italian Living Lab took place, organized by RINA in collaboration with ATECAP, the Italian Technical Economic Association for Ready-Mixed Concrete.
In line with the first Living Lab organized last year with the AIB (Industrial Association of Brescia), the second Living Lab has represented a moment of confrontation between the various stakeholders involved in various ways in the recovery of material. The main aim of the Living Lab was to highlight the critical issues and opportunities related to the circular economy, which is now considered indispensable for companies. Different representatives from the cement and concrete industry, recycled aggregate producers and stakeholders involved in the selection of construction products containing recycled materials, such as designers and construction companies, were involved in the event.
Circular business models are solid enough only if there is market demand behind, and we all know that users create the demand. Thus, conscious, informed consumers can drive the transition to alternative and circular business models. Some questions arise from this statement:
How would the way we build change if users decided on the design and use of the buildings and public spaces they inhabit?
- How would the professional relationships among the different actors within the construction value chain be transformed if consumers demanded renewable, healthy materials, bioclimatic buildings, modular constructions designed for deconstruction…?
The second FISSAC Living Lab Barcelona, co-organized by SIMBIOSY together with the Societat Orgànica (a professional cooperative that works in the field of sustainable building) on the 30th of October 2018, , served as a visualization spot of successful experiences and as a space for an exchange of views and ideas.
Here you can read the report regarding the 2nd Living Lab organized on September 20, 2018, in Circular hub in Prague (Czech Republic):