FISSAC, together with other 4 H2020 projects (RE4, VEEP, GREENINSTRUCT, INNOWEE), are pleased to invite researchers, industrial companies, professionals and wide public interested in the topic of circular economy, industrial symbiosis, new materials for the common workshop called “Today‘s waste, tomorrow material”. Projects representatives will introduce their results and lead interactive discussions related to the topic.
The workshop is organized within the World Sustainable Energy Days (session “Innovation Workshops Energy and Buildings”) on 28th February 2019 in Wels, Austria. Here the conference program.
The workshop registration is free of charge, but it is necessary to be registered on the WSED conference in order to participate in the workshop. Here is the link.
Details can be found in the flyer.
We are looking forward to meeting you then!
FISSAC is going to share its mid-term project results at a workshop organised by Sharebox in the framework of ACHEMA 2018, a world exhibition congress on chemical engineering, environmental protection and biotechnology gathering around 3600 exhibitors and 170.000 visitors. (Pokračování textu…)
This webinar, held on 31 May 2018, was an overview of some social aspects of industrial symbiosis. The speakers were from the scientific field (Fredrik Björk, Malmö University), a consultancy company (Elke Roetman, Partners for Innovation), a research institute (Julia Jonasson, Research Institutes of Sweden ) and a public waste agency (Arianne Acke, OVAM).
During this webinar, the 40 participants got to know more about:
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how there are related to industrial symbiosis. The following goals were highlighted: SDG 6 (Clean Water and Sanitation), SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy), SDG 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth), SDG 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production), SDG 15 (Life on Land) and also 16 (Peace, justice and strong institutions), 17 (Partnerships for the goals) with the importance of transparency and participation on all levels (communities, authorities)
- The holistic approach of the SDGs and the interconnected goals. A project or a SME has to decide whether it wants to use them to communicate, measure, and/or improve its operations.
- The need to separate two different processes when setting up the collaboration needed to create a successful and supportive Living Lab environment: Developing the group’s collaboration skills (doing this work leads to an improved ability to tackle technical complexities, i.e. the collaboration subject) and developing the group’s collaboration subject.
- Industrial symbiosis: going beyond technical cooperation with two main subjects: job opportunities (creation, substitution, transformation) and business culture. To realize Industrial Symbiosis and Circular Economy, we need to look beyond the technical cooperation.
Cooperation is the other law of industrial symbiosis.
Date and Timing: 31 May 2018, 11.00 – 12.15 (CET)
- Sustainability and the SDGs: how do they relate to industrial symbiosis? – Fredrik Björk, Malmö University
- SDGs and impact of projects – Elke Roetman, Partners for Innovation
- A guide for developing Living Labs – Julia Jonasson, Research Institutes of Sweden
- Industrial Symbiosis: going beyond technical cooperation – Arianne Acke, OVAM
Follow this link to view the recording of the webinar.
FISSAC will host its next webinar in on 31 May 2018. This webinar will focus on the interactions between the highly predominant technical aspect of industrial symbiosis and the non-technical aspects, including social engagement and acceptance. Typically, the social dimension of industrial symbiosis refers to the need for firms to interact more extensively than is required for normal business practice. Topics will include concrete examples. (Pokračování textu…)
Come meet the FISSAC project, represented by Fenix, at the “Building Fairs Brno”, where all aspects of housing and house construction (building management services, technical solutions, materials, components, equipment and others) are exhibited. The fair takes place from 25 to 28 April 2018. Click here to find out more about the event.